Phone: (703) 273-4230 | Email: email@example.com | Business Card: VCF
Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Elder Law, Expert Testimony, Taxation
In addition to traditional estate planning and administration, Mark focuses his practice on issues of concern to incapacitated persons, including supplemental needs trusts, Medicaid planning, guardianships, and other means of managing the affairs of a person under a disability. Mark’s clients often need immediate solutions to practical problems, and Mark’s extensive experience makes him a valuable resource to his clients in the non-legal as well as the legal aspects of his practice. In addition to being a valuable resource to us as well, Mark is the best storyteller in our office. We suspect he has a future in television.
Mark frequently travels to nursing homes, care facilities, and other locations to meet with clients and family members.
Mark handles the following types of matters, among others:
- the design and preparation of estate plans
- the preparation of special needs trusts
- the administration of trusts and estates
- planning for Medicaid and other public benefits eligibility
- guardianships and conservatorships
- income taxation of trusts, estates, and disabled individuals, including return preparation
Best way to contact Mark
Call the office at (703) 273-4230 and make an appointment through his assistant, Monica. Please feel free to review Mark’s Guide to Long-Term Care.
- VA 1979
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1978;
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1975
- SuperLawyers, Elder Law
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Lawyers, Elder Law
- As published in DC Magazine and the Washington Post, Top Attorneys in Washington, D.C.
- Best Lawyers, Best Attorneys in Virginia
- Best Lawyers, 2014 Lawyer of the Year, Elder Law, Washington, D.C.
- Alzheimer’s Association, President’s Award for Service to Families Affected by Alzheimer’s Disease.