Chris joined the firm in 2021 after 8 years on active duty in the U.S. Army JAG Corps, where he served primarily as a first chair litigator in criminal, administrative and appellate matters on both sides of the aisle. During an overseas assignment in which he focused on providing personal tax and estate planning services to servicemembers, Department of Defense civilians and their dependents, Chris developed the passion for trusts and estates that led him to our firm.
Prior to his time in uniform, Chris served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Joseph A. Dugan, Jr. of the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland.
When not obsessing over estate planning and fiduciary litigation, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife, three children and the world’s only unaffectionate Goldendoodle.
Chris handles the following types of matter, among others:
• the design and preparation of estate plans
• the use of family-controlled entities in tax and estate planning
• contested guardianships, conservatorships and other fiduciary litigation matters
• the administration of trusts and estates
• the preparation of estate and gift tax returns