Phone: (703) 896-1162 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Business Card: VCF |
Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Business Formation & Succession, Disputes, Taxation
Alvi spends significant amounts of time with the Virginia Code and the tax code, and she can explain how they work without putting anyone to sleep (see her blog and ours for examples). Clients count on her to break down complexity and offer practical solutions.
Alvi advises individuals and families on the following types of matters, among others:
- probate and the administration of trusts and estates after a death
- the out-of-court resolution of disputed matters
- matters before the commissioner of accounts
- the modification and termination of irrevocable trusts
- the design and preparation of estate plans
- wealth transfer tax planning
- the transition of family businesses
- the design, formation, and operation of LLCs, partnerships, and corporations
- guardianships and conservatorships of adults
- premarital agreements
Best way to contact Alvi
Schedule a Consultation or email her at email@example.com.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. Estate Planning, 2010
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2009
- Georgetown University, B.A. (cum laude) Philosophy, 2005
- Virginia Business Magazine Legal Elite – Young Lawyers Under 40 (2017)
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2018, 2019)
- Premarital Agreements, 39 Va. CLE Advanced Est. Planning Seminar, Spring 2018 (co-author).
- Wills & Revocable Trusts: Functional Equivalents, Construed Differently, Trusts & Estates Newsletter, Tr. & Est. Newsl. (Va. St. B. Tr. & Est. Sec.), Spring 2016 (co-author).
- Modifying and Terminating Irrevocable Trusts Under Virginia’s Uniform Trust Code, 34 Va. CLE Ann. Tr. & Est. Seminar (2015).
- Maximizing the Basis of Difficult-to-Value Assets in Non-Taxable Estates without Getting into Trouble, Tr. & Est. Newsl. (Va. St. B. Tr. & Est. Sec.), Spring 2015 (co-author).
- UPMIFA Helping Underwater Endowments, but Governance Practices Need Improvement, 10-05 Fam. Found. Advisor (Civic Res. Inst.), July/August 2011.
- Virginia Developments in Estate Planning and Administration, Presentation at the 37 Va. CLE Ann. Tr. & Est. Seminar (2018).
- Premarital Agreements, Presentation at the meeting of Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council, September 25, 2018 (co-presenter).
- Premarital Agreements, Presentation at the 39 Va. CLE Advanced Est. Planning Seminar, Spring 2018 (co-presenter).
- Modifying & Terminating Irrevocable Trusts under Virginia’s Trust Code, Presentation at meeting of Fairfax B. Ass’n Wills, Tr. & Est. Sec. (November 20, 2014).
- Fairfax Bar Association, Wills, Trusts & Estates Section (former co-chair)
- Virginia Bar Association, Wills, Trusts & Estates Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Virginia Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section Council/Legislative Committee